Chris Lowder is a trilingual beverage consultant for luxury hotels and cocktail bars in mainland China. Chris works in Shanghai as a China creative lead for Proof & Company to create and execute financially successful, world-class beverage programs that adhere to the highest standards of craft and service. Proof & Company is the world’s most-awarded bar consulting team, with offices in China, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Australia. As a Spirits Evangelist, Chris actively works to build China’s bartending community by delivering staff & consumer educations, planning & executing cocktail events, and hosting traveling international talents.
Chris joined Proof & Company after a successful ten-year career in food & beverage operations, including bar management roles in Four Seasons, Seoul, and NoMad, New York. During his tenure at Four Seasons, Seoul, his bar Charles H. was named by Drinks International as the 8th Best Hotel Bar in the World. In the same year, Chris was nominated by Tales of the Cocktail as International Bartender of the Year.
Chris and his teams have earned the following awards and accolades:
• 52nd Best Bar in the World – Charles H. – (2016, Drinks International)
• 24th Best Bar in Asia – Charles H. – (2016, Drinks International)
• NYC 30 Under 30 – Chris Lowder – (2015, Zagat)
• New York Rising Star Bartender – Chris Lowder – (2015, StarChefs)
• 24th Best Bar in the World – Elephant Bar – (2015, Drinks International)
• 36th Best Bar in the World – The NoMad Bar – (2015, Drinks International)
• America’s Best New Mixologists – Chris Lowder – (2014, Food & Wine)
• America’s 10 Bartenders to Watch – Chris Lowder – (2014, Beverage Media)
• World’s Most Outstanding Bar Program – The NoMad Hotel – (2014, James Beard Foundation)
• America’s Best Restaurant Bar – Elephant Bar – (2014, Tales of the Cocktail)
• 14th Best Bar in the World – Elephant Bar – (2014, Drinks International)
• World’s Best Hotel Bar – Elephant Bar – (2013, Tales of the Cocktail)
Find him: Instagram